Throughout the lockdowns all over Australia one of the most important things we can still do is get outside for some fresh air. It’s been so good to still be able to exercise whilst socially distancing, not to mention how wonderful it is for mental health.
Well now there is way to put all that training to good use!
There has never been a better time to come together to help others. Through this most challenging time we have seen great acts of kindness and connection and we have heard you when you say you would like to join our Bloody Long Walk events.
So we put our heads together and came up with an action plan to keep you safe and together all at the same time!
The Bloody Long Walk COVIDSafe plans are in place and approved by the relevant federal, state and local health authorities. The measures we have in place include:
COVID Registration Guarantee
We provide you with our bloody great COVID Registration Guarantee - if the event is cancelled due to COVID, we guarantee you a refund!*
*Amount refunded will be the registration fee paid, less the credit card processing fees, less a small $5 processing fee (including bloody GST!) to help us cover our processing costs and maximise the funds supporting the Mito Foundation
- COVIDSafe Plan approved by the relevant federal, state and local health authorities.
- We will assign you to an arrival time to limit the number of people onsite at any one time.
- We will send you your safety briefing via email ahead of the event.
At the Start
- All staff will be wearing masks and hand sanitiser will be available.
- We will have specifically appointed COVID Safety Marshals.
- Limited people will be provided with the same arrival time as you restricting the number of people onsite at any one time.
- The event check in will support physical distancing.
- Check-in and go: as soon as you are checked in you can start your challenge, there's no unnecessary waiting around!
Our walkers are naturally spread out as our participants can take anywhere from 3hrs to 10hrs to complete the challenge.
You will be required to bring your own water bottle and we will have water and medical available at each checkpoint.
At the finish
We will cheer you across the finish line - and after you have caught your breath we kindly ask that you head home and rest up.
We take our responsibility to you and public health seriously. Together we can stop the spread (and still get out and walk!).
Connected hearts, souls and minds walking together for the greater good.