We provide you with our bloody great COVID Registration Guarantee - if the event is cancelled due to COVID, we guarantee you a refund!*
*Amount refunded will be the registration fee paid, less the credit card processing fees, less a small $5 processing fee (including bloody GST!) to help us cover our processing costs and maximise the funds supporting the Mito Foundation
The Bloody Long Walk COVIDSafe plans are in place and approved by the relevant federal, state and local health authorities. The measures we have in place include:
- COVIDSafe Plan approved by the relevant federal, state and local health authorities.
- We will assign you to an arrival time to limit the number of people onsite at any one time.
- We will send you your safety briefing via email ahead of the event.
At the Start
- All staff will follow guidelines set by local authorities in relation to the use of PPE (e.g. Masks) and the use of hand sanitizer.
- We will have specifically appointed COVID Safety Marshals.
- Limited people will be provided with the same arrival time as you restricting the number of people onsite at any one time.
- The event check in will support physical distancing.
- Check-in and go: as soon as you are checked in you can start your challenge, there's no unnecessary waiting around!
- Our walkers are naturally spread out as our participants can take anywhere from 3hrs to 10hrs to complete the challenge.
- You will be required to bring your own water bottle and we will have water and medical available at each checkpoint.
At the finish
We will cheer you across the finish line - and after you have caught your breath we kindly ask that you head home and rest up
Please send an email to email@example.com with your request. We will do everything we can to accommodate requested changes, however arrival time numbers are limited in line with our COVIDSafe plan.
When registering for The Bloody Long Walk the Terms & Conditions must be accepted by each individual entrant. To see our refund policy click here . There are no exceptions to this rule and no refunds will be given for change of mind.
Your eTicket will be sent to you on the Wednesday prior to the event, to the email address that you used upon registering for the event.
Your bib can be collected at the check in tents next to the start area. Please bring a digital (on your mobile phone) copy of your eTicket with you to collect your bib. There will be timing facilities at the event – your bib number must be visible.
If you are having problems with our registration form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note our hotline is available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays).
You must be over 16 to enter alone. 35km is a bloody long walk so we want to ensure that you are aware of the challenges you might face and have the mental and physical strength to complete the event.
Children under the age of 16 may still walk, however, they will need to be accompanied by an adult at all times during the walk.
You will be able to choose from the available arrival times when you register for the event; please ensure that all team members choose the same arrival time.
Your arrival time will be available on your personal dashboard when you are logged in, and will also be reflected on the eTicket that is sent to you the Wednesday prior to the event.
Please adhere to your arrival time, as COVIDSafe restrictions mean that we are permitted a certain amount of participants at the start area at any one time.
We would bloody love you to set and reach a fundraising target of at least $350 (that's $10 every kilometre you walk!). The registration fee covers the cost of putting on the event so anything that is raised in addition supports the work of the Mito Foundation. We hope that you join our extremely bloody worthy cause and with our support, you will reach your desired goal!
The Bloody Long Walk is owned and operated by the Mito Foundation so 100% of profits go directly to support people affected by mitochondrial disease, find treatments and cures, and fund education and advocacy programs.
Your hat and drink bottle will be available at the check in tents next to the start line when you collect your bib.
When you get to the finish line there is a signposted area for you to collect your book and T shirt.
Please note that we are unable to post incentives if you don't collect them on event day.
Parking is very limited around the start line so you may want to either get dropped off there, or book onto one of our shuttle buses here.
Cnr Flinders St and Elizabeth St
The Bloody Long Walk will go ahead come rain or shine! No refunds for wet weather will be provided. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for more info.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Sun hat / T shirt (collect your free Bloody Long Walk hat at check in and t-shirt at the finish area once you've fundraised $350!)
- Shorts or comfortable pants / leggings
- Sun protective clothing
- Thick, comfortable socks
- Well fitting walking shoes or trainers (that have been broken in before the event)
- Lightweight waterproof jacket (depending on weather forecast)
WHAT TO BRING
Your own drink bottle is a must , to comply with our COVIDSafe policy - raise $200 and receive your free exclusive Bloody Long Walk drink bottle at check in!
Energy-giving snacks (protein balls / muesli bars / trail mix etc)
Small quick dry towel
Basic first aid kit (paracetamol, band aids, antiseptic cream, blister plasters etc)
You will find toilets, meeting points, water, registration desks and sponsor activities.
We will email you a detailed safety briefing a few days prior to the event.
If you require assistance because you’re sick or injured, please contact Event HQ on 0414 676 753 and we will help you as quickly as possible.
In an emergency, call 000.
Medical support will be located along the route. If you are feeling unwell please report to the nearest official or medical personnel as soon as possible. If you see a fellow participant in distress, please report the incident by calling the Project Manager, see a member of the event crew or medical support team member. In an emergency please dial “000” and report the exact location of the incident.
There is no storage facility, so ensure that your bag only contains what you require for the day.
Only certified guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs accompanied by handlers carrying a handler’s identity card are permitted to take part in The Bloody Long Walk.