We provide you with our bloody great COVID Registration Guarantee - if the event is cancelled due to COVID, we guarantee you a refund!*
*Amount refunded will be the registration fee paid, less the credit card processing fees, less a small $5 processing fee (including bloody GST!) to help us cover our processing costs and maximise the funds supporting the Mito Foundation
The Bloody Long Walk COVIDSafe plans are in place and approved by the relevant federal, state and local health authorities. The measures we have in place include:
- COVIDSafe Plan approved by the relevant federal, state and local health authorities.
- We will assign you to an arrival time to limit the number of people onsite at any one time.
- We will send you your safety briefing via email ahead of the event.
At the Start
- All staff will be wearing masks and hand sanitiser will be available.
- We will have specifically appointed COVID Safety Marshals.
- Limited people will be provided with the same arrival time as you restricting the number of people onsite at any one time.
- The event check in will support physical distancing.
- Check-in and go: as soon as you are checked in you can start your challenge, there's no unnecessary waiting around!
- Our walkers are naturally spread out as our participants can take anywhere from 3hrs to 10hrs to complete the challenge.
- You will be required to bring your own water bottle and we will have water and medical available at each checkpoint.
At the finish
We will cheer you across the finish line - and after you have caught your breath we kindly ask that you head home and rest up
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will do everything we can to accommodate requested changes, however arrival time numbers are limited in line with our COVIDSafe plan.
When registering for The Bloody Long Walk the Terms & Conditions must be accepted by each individual entrant. To see our refund policy click here . There are no exceptions to this rule and no refunds will be given for change of mind.
Your eTicket will be sent to you on the Thursday prior to the event, to the email address that you used upon registering for the event.
Your bib can be collected at the check in tents next to the start area. Please bring a digital (on your mobile phone) copy of your eTicket with you to collect your bib. There will be timing facilities at the event – your bib number must be visible.
If you are having problems with our registration form, please contact us at email@example.com (please note our hotline is available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays).
You must be over 16 to enter alone. 35km is a bloody long walk so we want to ensure that you are aware of the challenges you might face and have the mental and physical strength to complete the event.
Children under the age of 16 may still walk, however, they will need to be accompanied by an adult at all times during the walk.
We will allocate you an arrival time, and will notify you of this the Thursday prior to your event. We will place all teams in the same arrival times so you can start the challenge with your team members.
When you arrive at the event start area, please collect your bib and then proceed directly through the start arch.
We would bloody love you to set and reach a fundraising target of at least $350 (that's $10 every kilometre you walk!). The registration fee covers the cost of putting on the event so anything that is raised in addition supports the work of the Mito Foundation. We hope that you join our extremely bloody worthy cause and with our support, you will reach your desired goal!
The Bloody Long Walk is owned and operated by the Mito Foundation so 100% of profits go directly to support people affected by mitochondrial disease, find treatments and cures, and fund education and advocacy programs.
In previous years we have been able to provide shuttle buses to the start area. Due to COVID , this year we are unfortunately unable to do this as to get large enough buses to accommodate social distancing requirements would mean the cost of a shuttle bus ticket would increase hugely - we apologise for this and thank you for your understanding.
There will be some parking at the start area, but please arrange to be dropped off.
The Bloody Long Walk will go ahead come rain or shine! No refunds for wet weather will be provided. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for more info.
WHAT TO WEAR CHECKLIST
- Sun hat
- Sports top / t-shirt
- Long sleeved shirt to protect you against the sun
- Two pairs of thick socks
- Well-fitting walking shoes or trainers
- Lightweight waterproof jacket
WHAT TO BRING CHECKLIST
- Must bring own water bottle due to COVID safe policies
- Snacks, fruit and nut bars, bananas etc.
- Towelette or small quick dry towel
- Wet wipes
- First aid kit: plasters, bandages, paracetamol, blister treatment kit, scissors, Vaseline, safety pins etc.
- Spare shoelaces
You will find toilets, meeting points, water, registration desks and sponsor activities.
We will email you a detailed safety briefing a few days prior to the event. In addition, please take a moment to review our environmental safety tips here.
If you require assistance because you’re sick or injured, please contact Event HQ on 0414 676 753 and we will help you as quickly as possible.
In an emergency, call 000.
Medical support will be located along the route. If you are feeling unwell please report to the nearest official or medical personnel as soon as possible. If you see a fellow participant in distress, please report the incident by calling the Project Manager, see a member of the event crew or medical support team member. In an emergency please dial “000” and report the exact location of the incident.
There is no storage facility, so ensure that your bag only contains what you require for the day.
Only certified guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs accompanied by handlers carrying a handler’s identity card are permitted to take part in The Bloody Long Walk.