TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In registering for The Bloody Long Virtual Walk 2021 (Virtual Event) for the Mito Foundation (incorporated as the Australian Mitochondrial Disease Foundation Limited) (AMDF), I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I will try my bloody best to fundraise a minimum of $350.00 per individual Virtual Event participant for the Mito Foundation.
- I understand that the fundraising component is not compulsory and that donations can be made online via the Bloody Long Walk website and I acknowledge that any donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that these donations may be tax deductible.
- I understand that incentives (the number and nature of which will be decided by the Mito Foundation) may be awarded to the individuals or teams in relation to their fundraising.
- The decision to participate in the Virtual Event is entirely my own and I understand that walking and/or running is a potentially hazardous activity. I attest that I am physically fit prior to undertaking the Virtual Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment that may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of Event participation.
- I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation in the Virtual Event, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury. I agree, in consideration of, and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Virtual Event for myself, my heirs, executors and/or administrators to hereby waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which could, would or might arise out of my death or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever that I may suffer or sustain in the course of, or consequent upon my entry or participation in the Event or as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of the Mito Foundation, their authorised representatives or any other party involved in the Virtual Event.
- This waiver, release and discharge shall be (and operate separately) in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved, or otherwise engaged in promotion or staging the Virtual Event (including but not limited to the Mito Foundation) and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees, servants, representatives, promoters, sponsors and volunteers, including the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place or which is involved directly or indirectly with the Event in any manner whatsoever. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I acknowledge that under no circumstances will a refund be provided for donations made.
USE OF NAME
- I consent to the publication and/or use of my name, challenge result or otherwise, (including the publication of my name and/or Virtual Event result in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or other account of this Event, in any form of media and social media whatsoever including advertising and promotions for future Mito Foundation events, or for any legitimate purpose without payment or compensation).
- I acknowledge that there is comprehensive information in relation to the challenge available on the Bloody Long Walk website (www.bloodylongwalk.com.au/Virtual).
- I acknowledge that the Mito Foundation reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Virtual Event at any time.
- I understand that I can gain access to my personal information and request that such details be updated if they change in the future by writing to the Mito Foundation at email@example.com
- Privacy Statement: The Mito Foundation and its authorised representatives respect and value the privacy of all information we collect about Virtual Event participants. As the organisers of the Virtual Event, the Mito Foundation and its authorised representative collect information about participants for the administration and conduct of the Virtual Event. Information collected will be securely stored on our database. Virtual Event participant's information may also be given to the Mito Foundation’s public relations consultant for the generation of media stories with prior consent. Any sensitive information that you provide will be used to help us identify and share information relating to events and matters that may be of interest to you. There is no obligation to provide sensitive information. By entering this Virtual Event, you consent to your personal information being provided and used as outlined above. You further consent to receiving information and marketing material from the Mito Foundation and its authorised representatives.
- I declare that all the information supplied by me on the entry form is true and correct.